Your Ads Here
777

Ads

HOW TO USE PINTEREST FOR BUSINESS IN 2020

Pinterest Work For Website Traffic

Did you know that Pinterest can drive to your website thousands of page views of free organic traffic primarily from the United States?



This is my Google Analytics report for one of my websites and you can see that Pinterest is my main traffic source. Pinterest works like magic across so many niches and verticals of online business that it's hard to believe.
In this article, I will explain to you why it works so great and how you can leverage Pinterest traffic for your business. First, why I think Pinterest is such a great platform to promote your business?
The main reason is that Pinterest doesn't try to keep users all the time inside their platform to the contrary Pinterest lets you add links to your website from every image you publish on your boards if you know anything about another very popular social media network Instagram there you can only have one link from your profile and stories and stories don't last more than 24 hours so if you want to get some traffic from Instagram you have to really hustle every day and publish new stories so.
The second reason why I think Pinterest is so great for businesses is because you're investing your time in long term success each pin you saved on the platform has a chance to go viral but not only that it can also be found on Pinterest months and sometimes even years after you publish the pin and they can be found in Pinterest search results the other reason I have to mention here is that Pinterest could be the best option for a lot of businesses and people who are not ready to put themselves out there in other formats like if you don't want to make videos because let's face it it is hundred times easier and faster to create an image for Pinterest than a video for youtube if you don't see yourself making videos or Instagram stories every day just to get some likes and a few clicks to your website and perhaps Pinterest which is something in between a social media and the search engine because Pinterest is the best place to get traffic from after Google and I have to tell you that Google as much as I love Google traffic is a tough nut to crack you will not get a ton of organic traffic from Google in the first year or even two of building your website you will need a lot of time and effort building backlinks.
Pinterest you can start getting a decent amount of traffic right away literally from the first second month being on this platform what kind of niches and businesses are doing really well on Pinterest if you know a little bit about me I became a Pinterest marketing expert through the experience I first gained on this platform running traffic to my blogs and I have had months with over three hundred thousand monthly page-views and about 90% of the traffic was coming from Pinterest and lots of other bloggers even complete beginners a leveraging Pinterest traffic because you can get traction on this platform so much faster than on Google Pinterest wears grateful bloggers because it drives mostly traffic from the United States and it helps making more money for each thousands of visitors to your website but that also means that whatever your business is even if you are far from the blogging world you can leverage Pinterest audience that's so highly valued by ad networks because of their buyer intent and high average household income I'm not going to lie to you that every possible niche on earth is a good fit for Pinterest if you have a local car rental business I think the best place for you is Google because people will not look for this type of services on Pinterest but let me show you some of the niches that are very popular on Pinterest if you have a Pinterest business account you can check this data and all these details for yourself too you will need to go to audience insights over here and then from audience insights you will click on all Pinterest users and these are the top niches that you're seeing here for all the platform not just for your account.


 I have here for my account I'll show you a little bit later so we're looking now at all Pinterest users and here we see the top categories and on the right side there are some subcategories or some topics inside each of the categories so we're looking at home decor as the biggest niche on Pinterest and then inside of it you have home accessories room decor home accents wall etc all of this it's a very long list it doesn't mean that you have to target only the home decor niche if you scroll down a little bit here you'll see that you have entertainment-education art women's fashion food and drinks event planning beauty quotes travel gardening weddings etc so.
 you need to find your niche and if it's somewhere on this list then chances are that you will get pretty success on Pinterest another very interesting thing we can learn here from audience insights on Pinterest is that you have mostly the female audience about 70% of all Pinterest users are women we can see here that the majority of the users are on mobile devices this is important or either they're on iPhone or Android but the majorities are on mobile devices and only 24% are on web right but web it means that they're using a desktop computer and now we are looking at the locations the biggest locations are Los Angeles New York Chicago etc so.





We are looking mostly at the United States audience we're looking now at the categories that are popular from my audience for people who follow my account and engage with my pins and
the important note here that we're looking only for the last 30 days so if let's say a year ago I had a viral pain about health food than healthy food so food and drinks would go much higher on this list but right now it's a different situation and we can click on the compare tab and we can compare now the total audience for me from my account and the total audience for paint for the Pinterest platform to see on average how much people are engaging with different categories so we can see here that well.




first of all, for my audience I even have a high percentage of women it's 82 versus 70 percent so that means that I'm targeting women and I have a higher percentage significantly higher percentage of people that are between 18 and 24 years old and now we're looking at the categories and we can see here that entertainment event-planning are significantly higher than average and even home decor are higher than for my audience are higher than average on the platform on the other categories I would say it's more or less the same I'm not posting much about sports and anyway so I was just trying to show you that you can do the same for your account once you have the business account on Pinterest.

Pinterest it is monthly viewers number that is shown next to your profile name so why is this a vanity number well it's not entirely useless because it can indicate the overall account quality but the problem is that monthly viewers don't always reflect the traffic that you get to your website this number includes both the pins that you linked from your website and the pins that you shared from other accounts and I have seen as many times by now on different accounts as I work with students in my Pinterest course and with different clients I've seen that you can easily have a viral pin that you just repin from another Pinterest account and it generated over a million monthly viewers on your account in the last 30 days so you will see that X 2 million monthly viewers in your profile that have nothing to do with the traffic to your website the other reason why I consider this as a vanity metric is because if your pin was seen on Pinterest a hundred thousand times and even if it was saved to hundreds of boards it doesn't mean that a lot of people clicked from European to your website and I have another video on my channel which i think is extremely important for people who run a business and they like to spend their time efficiently on the platforms that they use it's called how to get more clicks on Pinterest and the worst pin mistakes that kill your traffic definitely check it out I will give you a link in the top right corner and in the description below the speed let's imagine you're creating a Pinterest business account how should you treat it should you have some of your personal boards on your account whatshould you write in the profile description these are the questions that are probably in your head.

You're just a beginner on Pinterest as a business so I would say it this way the main goal of your Pinterest profile is to give people a quick idea of what your account is about when you use Pinterest for business you basically need to speak about that business and use the keywords which could help your profile be found on the platform don't save anything for your personal use on a business account especially on your public boards because it's going to confuse the algorithm so ideally you should have a separate personal account on Pinterest if you want to use it for yourself but if you hate the idea of switching between the accounts then you could create secret boards like I'm showing you here every board that even the boards that you already have if you made this mistake you created a public board for personal use you can always click on the board edit board here and then change the setting of disability and keep it secret so as a secret board it will not be indexed and you will not get in trouble with Pinterest algorithm the next step would be verification of your domain on Pinterest and it will work a bit differently depending on the type of platform you are using on your side so to verify your website you will go to settings in your profile edit settings then you go click to claim and since now I already have my site verified if you cannot see here but it would have here instead of an claim I don't have the button code claim and I will show you here what are the options that Pinterest allows so you can add a meta tag to the website which usually is the easiest way you just need to add it to the head section of your site it's also available to do this through HTML file uploading a file on your site and you can see that they are showing for most of the platform some instructions for most of the hosts and you if you're not sure how to do this through your host to upload a HTML file another way would be just to Google the name of platform let's say Shopify website purification on Pinterest something like that or WordPress sites verification on Pinterest or Wix site verification on Pinterest and so you will usually find in the first top 10 results and official instructions from your platform that shows you how you can verify your store and basically most of the times is just adding this meta tag to your website usually this meta tag it needs to be added in the same section as you would add a Google Webmaster Tools verification code so usually you already know where to put it and because you have done it for Google or you can ask your website developer if you haven't built your site herself so this is manageable and also in the settings of your business account on Pinterest you will see lots of other possible integrations with social media platforms and they help you claim your YouTube account and your Instagram account it's very easy you just click on the button claim and you have to be logged in to your either its YouTube or your Instagram account and that that will be done in no time like a few clicks and in you're done with it and the same applies to your Etsy shop it's very easy works in a similar way as it is with Instagram and YouTube you just need to be logged into your Etsy shop and you will not even notice how quickly you'll just click a couple of buttons and you will be all verified on Pinterest with your store example you notice that I claimed my YouTube account right so what does it give me in my Pinterest analytics I see the stats for my pins that are linked to youtube videos separately I will just need to go to the claimed accounts over here and I can choose just from my website Instagram YouTube and that I will see separately the how a my pins performing that are linked to my YouTube videos directly and if I didn't claim my YouTube account this days I wouldn't be available for me and I couldn't find out how many viewers Pinterest brings to my videos I can see here how many people are coming from Pinterest pins to my YouTube videos daily basis so even if I haven't published any videos on YouTube today I could still get some traffic from because Pinterest is a search engine and something that I saved a few months ago could be trending right now on Pinterest and bringing me traffic to my YouTube videos and yes once you have a Pinterest  business account you will see all these analytics on your site as well and the thing I recommend everyone to focus on here is how many clicks you get from Pinterest so this is where you will filter just battling clicks that's the most important matrix it's not how many total how many impressions you get all your total audience is not even your followers it's really how many clicks you're getting to your website clicks and impressions and shares that you're seeing for each specific pins are also not a good indicator of your success on Pinterest because they only show how much traffic and all the statistics for the last 30 days.

SHARE

Author

Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment